- Social Security Administration – Visit the official U.S. Social Security Administration’s website to learn about various Social Security programs including retirement, disability, and survivors’ benefits, catering to individuals and relevant professionals like employers and healthcare providers.
- NOSSCR– The National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives is a distinct bar association that focuses on attorneys and advocates representing individuals throughout the adjudicative process for Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income claims.
- Social Security Disability Advocacy – SSA Connect is a resource for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) Benefits providing the latest changes or proposed changes to SSDI law.
- POMS – Program Operations Manual System webpage is a comprehensive set of guidelines and instructions used by the Social Security Administration (SSA). It serves as a reference tool for employees to navigate the complexities of the Social Security system and make informed decisions when processing claims or providing assistance to beneficiaries and applicants.
- HALLEX – Hallex refers to the Hearings, Appeals, and Litigation Law Manual, which is a collection of guidelines and procedures used by the Social Security Administration (SSA). It covers a range of topics, including administrative law judge (ALJ) procedures, case development, evidence submission, and decision writing. Hallex is a critical resource for SSA staff, legal professionals, and others involved in the adjudication of Social Security cases.
- Listing of Impairments – The Listing of Impairments, often referred to as the “Blue Book,” is a comprehensive document published by the Social Security Administration (SSA). It outlines specific medical criteria that the SSA uses to evaluate whether an individual is considered disabled and eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Social Security Rulings – Social Security Rulings (SSRs) are policy interpretations and explanations developed by the Social Security Administration (SSA) in the United States. These rulings guide how the agency interprets and applies laws and regulations related to Social Security programs. SSRs cover a wide range of topics, including eligibility criteria, disability determinations, and procedural matters.
- SSI resources – Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Resources refers to the assets and belongings that a person owns for maintaining eligibility for SSI benefits.
- Regulations for Representation – Resource on Representing Social Security claimants such as an attorney when dealing with the Social Security Administration (SSA) and key regulations and guidelines related to representation around SSI.
- El Paso Department of Human Services – Visit the official website for El Paso County of Human Services that addresses the needs of residents in areas such as social services, public assistance, health, and community development.
- Adult Disability Report (ssa-3368.pdf) – Collects detailed information about an individual’s work history, medical conditions, and daily activities. It provides the SSA with essential information to assess the severity of the disability and its impact on the individual’s ability to work.
- Adult Function Report (ssa-3373.pdf) – This form is part of the disability application process and is intended to gather information about an individual’s daily activities and functioning. It helps SSA assess how an individual’s medical condition affects their ability to perform routine tasks and engage in gainful employment.
- Application for SSI (SSA Form 8001-BK SSI Application.pdf) – Application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Application for SSI – Expedited (SSA 8000-BK Application for SSI.pdf) – The expedited Application for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) form is intended for specific circumstances reserved for cases that meet certain criteria, such as a dire need or severe medical conditions.
- Appointment of Representative (ssa-1696.pdf) – This form is used to appoint a representative, such as an attorney, to help you with the SSI application process.
- Authorization to Disclose Information (ssa-827.pdf) – This document grants permission to share information with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to acquire necessary medical and other details essential for evaluating whether an individual applying for benefits is disabled or not.
- Claimant’s Medications (ha-4632.pdf)
- Claimant’s recent Medical treatment (ha-4631.pdf) – This form is used when you have requested or are requesting a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) to list medications currently taken.
- Consent for Release of Information (ssa-3288.pdf) – This form is completed to disclose information or records about you, a minor, or a legally incompetent adult, to an individual or group (ex. Doctor or insurance company).
- Claimant’s Work Background (ha-4633.pdf) – This form is used when you have requested or are requesting a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) to detail any work you have performed, including work you did before you filed your application and any work you have performed since you filed your application.
- HIPAA Medical Release (HIPAA.pdf) – This release form is signed consent obtained from a patient before sharing with a third party for any reason other than treatment, standard healthcare operations, or payment.
- Notice Regarding Substitution of Party Upon Death (ha-539.pdf) – In the event of a claimant’s passing before the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) concludes their review of a hearing request, an eligible individual has the option to request substitution for the deceased party and continue the pursuit of benefits.
- Request for Hearing Form 501 (ha-501.pdf) – If you disagree with the reconsideration decision we issued regarding your benefits application, you have the option to seek a hearing with an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). You can initiate this request by using the provided form or by composing a letter.
- Request for Review Form 520 (ha-520.pdf) – Should you disagree with the decision or order made by an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) regarding your claim, you have the option to request a review from the Appeals Council (AC). The notification you received will provide instructions on how to initiate the appeal process for the ALJ’s decision or order.
- Request Waiver of Overpayment (ssa-632.pdf) – If you acknowledge that you’ve received an overpayment but believe you shouldn’t be responsible for repayment due to not causing the overage and facing financial hardship, you can submit Form SSA-632, which is the Request for Waiver of Overpayment Recovery.
- Statement About Loan of Food or Shelter – Provided by Claimant (G-SSA-5062-1.pdf) – The information provided is utilized by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to assess whether food and/or shelter should be regarded as genuine loans or if they need to be considered as income for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) purposes. This assessment has implications for SSI eligibility and the specific amount of SSI payments.
- Statement About Loan of Food or Shelter – Provided by Another (G-SSA-L5063-F3-1.pdf) – The information provided is utilized by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to assess whether food and/or shelter should be regarded as genuine loans or if they need to be considered as income for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) purposes. This assessment has implications for SSI eligibility and the specific amount of SSI payments.
Please note that Diane K. Bross, PC is not liable for the content of external websites. Following the links above implicitly constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of this agreement.